136 Fremont Place
PLEASE SEE OUR COMPANION HISTORIES
FOR AN INTRODUCTION TO FREMONT PLACE, CLICK HERE
While its possible original location is unclear, 136 Fremont Place appears to have been moved to the southerly half of Lot 130 in 1926 in a development that included the house transplanted to the northerly half at around the same time, #134. The Department of Building and Safety issued Miss Hazel A. Slocum, a permit for a new foundation and basement for an existing house on September 24, 1926, which became #136. Miss Slocum did not stay long; neither did her successor, Mrs. L. M. Golden. The house's full story will be told in due course.
Miss Slocum hung at 136 for less than two
years, Mrs. Golden for less than one: Auction
ads for their finery appeared in the Times on
September 23, 1928, and August 18, 1929.