121 Fremont Place
PLEASE SEE OUR COMPANION HISTORIESWILSHIRE BOULEVARD BERKELEY SQUARE ST. JAMES PARK
FOR AN INTRODUCTION TO FREMONT PLACE, CLICK HERE
A house still standing but remodeled endlessly away from architect Myron Hunt's original design, 121 Fremont Place was commissioned by movie-industry promoter Walter J. Reynolds for a deeper-than-usual lot on what was at the time variously referred to as Westerly Drive. Still with a deceptively narrow façade, the house's original dimensions were 28 by 134 feet. The Department of Buildings issued a construction permit to Reynolds—acting as his own contractor—on August 2, 1921. The full story of the early years of 121 will appear in due course.